Working in a mine probably drastically reduces your life expectancy anyway. After all, there is the chance that you are inhaling toxic fumes every time you are deep down in the mine. Add to that the fact that you are getting less Vitamin D than you should, because you spend most your time far away from the sun. That means that your body will be more prone to osteoporosis due to its inability to absorb the calcium you need. So, Miners, try these ways to live longer.
The first thing you need to do is kick the habit with hypnosis. There is no reason for you to add even more toxins to your body. Drop that disgusting smoking habit now. You can change that pattern of smoking into something far more productive. A hypnotist can create an aversion to smoking that will help you walk away from that life deterrent quicker than most other cessation tools. Getting rid of that problem is certainly one way to boost your potential for a longer life. Keep reading to learn some more tips.
Beating the Men Killers
There are things that cause greater damage to the lives of men than those of women. So, if one wants to learn how to live longer, it makes sense that he should know what he’s up against. The tips on this list will help with beating the men killers that aren’t just inclusive of those of you in the mining industry. Read these ways to fight:
- High Blood Pressure- Studies show that replacing some of your calories from carbs (about 8%) with more red meat can lower your systolic blood pressure. And, it will only take about 8 weeks to see an improvement. Learn more.
- Heart Issues- You can reduce your heart disease risks by more than 30% if you will start eating more dairy. In fact, the research suggests that you should have three or more servings every day.
- Lose Weight- Even though you are probably doing a lot of manual labor, losing weight might be advisable. And, you can do that over the phone. Using a telephone based weight loss program has proven to be quite successful for lots of people.
- Colon- Surely you have heard about all the issues men have with their colons. Well, Harvard’s medical school discovered that two or more cups of coffee (the decaf kind) can cut your chances of experiencing colon cancer by more than 50 percent! Read this.
- Prostate- Start enjoying baby carrots, or pumpkin pie, you pick. Apparently eating these things daily will cut your risks of prostate cancer in half. Add some whip cream to that scrumptious pie to help your body absorb the beneficial beta-carotene that you need.
- Stroke- You may like vegetables and fruits, but if you can learn to love them enough to eat three helpings a day, you could fight the potential of experiencing a stroke by nearly 20 percent. And by the way, smoothies make great substitutions if you don’t have time to eat your veggies.
- Depression- Being down in that dark mine all the time will surely play on your emotions. It’s important to ensure that you get some exposure to the sun. In fact, get some exercise out doors and watch as that depressive mood begins to wane.
If you want to learn more about getting healthy to live longer, read this.