Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
Stéphane Dubois, P.Eng.
- Former Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of X-Ore Resources (2004-2010);
- Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of a limited partnership formed to promote the Trois-Rivières Grand-Prix from 1991-2003
- Member of the Quebec Bar since 1987
- Former Senior Partner at Dessureault, Vigeant & MÃ©thot practice at law (1987-1994);
- Expert advisor for the Federal Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources (1986-1987)
Vice President, Operations
- During the course of his career in gold mining operations, Mr. Dubois developed recognized expertise in narrow gold vein type systems, having successfully performed all related functions from miner to Production Engineer at Cambior’s Sleeping Giant Mine, and as Chief Engineer with Wesdome Gold Mines.
- Prior to joining Blue Note, Mr. Dubois had responsibility for all of Wesdome’s projects, including two mines in production. From 2005 to 2010, he held the position of Chief Engineer and assistant general manager at Wesdome’s Kiena complex, an underground mine reactivated to operation in August 2006. The mine has since produced more than 1,200,000 tons generating 152,000 ounces of gold.
- From 1997 to 2005, Mr. Dubois assumed increasing responsibilities to become Production Engineer at Cambior’s Sleeping Giant Mine where he was in charge of mine planning to development and operations. The Sleeping Giant Mine is a conventional underground mine known for its narrow gold veins.
- Mr. Dubois’s results-focused drive is a major factor behind his successes in more challenging gold markets. Over the years, he has built an impressive network in the Val d’Or region.
Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Bortoluzzi has been the Company’s corporate controller since October 2008
- Over fifteen years of experience working with private and public mining and manufacturing companies.
- Previously acted as corporate controller of Campbell Resources, Zemex Corporation and Lorbec Metals, and was a manager at Samson Bélair Deloitte & Touche.
- 30 years experience in mine geology and mineral exploration
- 19 years experience with Noranda
- 10 years as Chief Geologist at Norandés Heath Steele Mine